Three Days Grace
From WikiMusicGuide, the free music guide. Your music wiki.
This article is a stub. You can help by updating and expanding this page, bringing it closer to becoming a complete article.
Three Days Grace (also known as 3DG or TDG) is a Canadian hard rock/post-grunge band formed in 1992. The band consists of Adam Gontier, Neil Sanderson, Brad Walst and Barry Stock.
Adam, Brad, and Neil originally formed a band called Groundswell in 1992 during their freshmen year of high school. Their friend made up the fourth member of the band, but he left in 1997. The three remained a trio and renamed to Three Days Grace, which was a name Brad came up with. Upon completion of the album Three Days Grace, the band recruited Barry Stock to help on lead guitar to give Adam breathing room on stage and on tour
Awards & Certifications
|Year||Award||Album||Sales (U.S.)||Sales (Canada)|
|2003||Platinum||Three Days Grace||1,500,000+||100,000+|
|Year||Title||US Modern Rock||Album|
|2003||I Hate (Everything About You)||#2||Three Days Grace|
|2003||Just Like You||#1||Three Days Grace|
|2006||Animal I Have Become||#1||One-X|
|2007||Never Too Late||#4||One-X|
I'm so glad I found my sloiuton online.
Tours & Concerts
Touring with breaking beanjamin and flyleaf
WikiMusicGuide:Artist template/press None at the moment
Comprehensive list of the recordings made.
Life starts now.jpg
|US Hot 100||US Modern Rock||US Mainstream Rock|
|1995||"Eddie"||-||-||-||Wave of Popular Feeling|
|1995||"Poison Ivy"||-||-||-||Wave of Popular Feeling|
|1995||"Stare"||-||-||-||Wave of Popular Feeling|
|2003||"I Hate (Everything About You)"||#55||#2||#4||Three Days Grace|
|2003||"Just Like You"||#55||#1 (3 weeks)||#1 (3 weeks)||Three Days Grace|
|2004||"Home"||#90||#7||#2||Three Days Grace|
|2005||"Wake Up" (Canadian Single Only)||-||-||-||Three Days Grace|
|2006||"Animal I Have Become"||#60||#1 (2 weeks)||#1 (7 weeks)||One-X|
|2006||"Pain"||#44||#1 (4 weeks)||#1 (13 weeks)||One-X|
|2007||"Never Too Late"||#96||#4||#1 (1 week)||One-X|
|2009||"Break"||Life Starts now|
|2010||"The Good Life"||Life Starts now|
- The album's lead single, "I Hate (Everything About You)" reached number one on the US Modern Rock and Mainstream Rock charts and number two on the Canadian Rock charts. Their second single "Just Like You" gave the group a second number-one in America and also hit number one on rock charts in Canada.
- Their third single "Home" was also a hit, charting at #2 on the US Modern Rock chart, and was the second most played Active Rock song of 2005. A fourth single, "Wake Up", was a Canadian only radio released and also achieved success on the Canadian Rock chart. Videos for the first three singles were widely played on MTV, MTV2, Muchmusic/Fuse.
- In 2004, Gavin Brown won a Juno Award for his production work on Three Days Grace and Try Honesty by Billy Talent in the Juno Awards of 2004 for his production of the album. The band was also nominated for New Group of the Year losing out to Billy Talent.
- In 2005, Adam went to rehab for an addiction to Oxycontin at the Toronto rehab center CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health), which is where many of the songs for One-X were written, including Animal I Have Become, Over and Over, Pain and a few more. He is still sober.
- Official website
- Official Canadian website
- Three Days Grace at Amazon
- Never Too Late: The Largest Three Days Grace Fansite
- Three Days Grace Brazil
- Official Three Days Grace Store