From WikiMusicGuide, the free music guide. Your music wiki.
Superchick is a Christian rock band with their hit songs "Hero", "Get Up", "Barlow Girls", "So Bright (Stand Up)", "Na Na", "Me Against the World" and "One Girl Revolution". The group is one of the most played garage bands.
Chicago-based Christian band Superchick started in 1999. The band features Tricia Brock (vocals), Melissa Brock (vocals/guitar), Matt Dally (vocals/bass), Dave Ghazarian (lead guitar), Max Hsu (keyboard/DJ) and Brandon Estelle (drums). The band issued their debut album, Karaoke Superstars, in 2001. Some tracks of the album were included in films like Legally Blond and Cadet Kelly. In 2002 Superchick issued their follow-up, Last One Picked. It offers more diversity than the previous album. In 2005, Beauty from Pain was released followed by Rock What You Got in 2008.
Awards & Certifications
|2006||Dove Award||Nominated for Rock Album of the Year for "Beauty from Pain"|
|Year||Album||Top Heatseekers||Billboard Hot 100|
|2005||Beauty From Pain||1||126|
|2008||Rock What You Got||65|
Tours & Concerts
- Oswego Speedway Oswego, New York
- Manor Church Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Goshen Baptist Church West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Youth Quake--Winged Deer Park Johnson City, Tennessee
- Bishop O’Connell High School Arlington,, Virginia
- The River Forsyth, Missouri
- Ridgecrest Baptist Church Madison, Mississippi
- Arkansas State University - Equine Center Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Mabee Center Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Edgewood High School Elletsville, Indiana
- Underground Forest Park, Ohio
- Kankakee First Nazarene Church Kankakee, Illinois
- Sandusky State Theatre Sandusky, Ohio
- Eastern Michigan University Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Grace Baptist Church Jackson, Michigan
- Club 3 Degrees Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Peoria Rivermen Hockey Post-game Concert - Peoria Civic Center Carver Arena Peoria, Illinois
- Judson University - Lindner Field House Elgin, Illinois
- WAIT Fest - Wink Theater Dalton, Georgia
- Westminster Presbyterian Church Snellville, Georgia
- North Glynn United Methodist Church Brunswick, Georgia
- WayFest - Cruzan Amphitheatre West Palm Beach, Florida
- Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Nashville, Tennessee
- Clay’s Park Resort Canal Fulton, Ohio
May 22, 2001
October 8, 2002
March 29, 2005)
June 24, 2008
|2008||Rock What You Got||Inpop||Rock What You Got|
- They got their first break opening for Audio Adrenaline in 1999.
- The group adores and love Christian songs.
- Superchick has a spiritually-filled and hope-centered songs that inspires their fans. Their uplifting tracks covers humor and serious matters. Superchick’s songs are full of life and energy. --Mimi 09:00, 29 October 2008 (PST)