From WikiMusicGuide, the free music guide. Your music wiki.
Stephen Speaks is the first ever garage band in history to break the borders of international music and become the number one band in another country.Their song "Passenger Seat" grabbed the number 1 spot in the Philippines from Christina Aguilera and held its throne for twelve weeks, finally getting knocked down to a lower level by their own single "Out of My League".
Rockwell Ryan and Dain Sheik are step-brothers. As kids they became the best of friends. They have two half brothers. They began with only a home studio and a handful of songs. According to Ryan, they just make the music, letting the fans take care of everything for them, thus eliminating the need for a record label. They had a dominant college grassroots in the US. They managed to sell over 40,000 albums, topped the radio charts, and had number 1 video on MTV Asia and MYX for several weeks. And they just did it on a home studio, no lawyer, nor record label, not even a booking agent!
Ryan shunned a record deal with Sony this last 2004. He says he'd rather want his own freedom of living on his dream rather than have executives pushing them around.
- Rockwell Ryan: Half-brother and best friend of Dain Samuelson. He was born in Dunedin, Flordia in 1980 and was raies in Tulsa. Rockwell was the one who came up with the idea of the band's name (Stephen: the first follower of Jesus to be martyred). He never intended to be a musician- he just wanted to be a producer, that's why he started a recording studio at the age of 15 (1995) which led to the band.
- Dain Samuelson: He was born in Tulsa in 1982. He loves playing percussion and is also the most faithful member of the band. Since high school he and Rockwell were playing together.
The band will be releasing their next album on the fall of 2006.
Tours and Concerts
|October 6, 2006||Nordaggio's Coffee, Sherman, TX|
|October 20, 2006||Sigma Phi Epsilon lawn, Stillwater, OK|
|November 3, 2006||Art Bar, Dallas, TX|
|November 15, 2006||TBA, Fayettville, AR|
Awards and Certifications
- Both like ice cream
- And they are good swimmers
- Rockwell thought on having the band's name printed in Aramaic on a shirt.
- Dain's favorite is Miss Dani.