From WikiMusicGuide, the free music guide. Your music wiki.
Sean Fournier is an American-born musician, more commonly known for his free album Oh My. This lyrically-driven singer/songwriter's style stretches across many genres including folk, acoustic, and pop.
Sean Michael Fournier was born on September 14, 1982 in Milford, Connecticut to Debra and Steven Fournier. The youngest of two siblings, his sister is named Staci. He attended St Joseph High School in Trumbull, Connecticut and graduated in 2000. Fournier enrolled in Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, Connecticut and graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor degree in Marketing.
As a child, Fournier wasn't into music. In fact, his dream was to become a cartoonist and he spent most of his childhood and teenage years drawing and creating cartoons. At the age of 17, Fournier found an old guitar in the attic of his house and taught himself how to play from a book. After learning a few guitar chords, he started writing songs. Spending countless hours in his room practicing made Sean love every minute of learning how to play the guitar. According to him, he has never played any cover songs while learning the guitar. Instead, he wrote and composed all his songs by himself.
Sean Fournier started off playing in local coffee shops at the tender age of 17. Open mics were a great way for him to practice and get used to a crowd. Fournier used to be very shy and remembered the time he was going on stage for the first time ever and went into the bathroom, fell to his knees and prayed that everything would go okay. Since that harrowing experience, he has learned to overcome his stage fright and began to travel out of Connecticut for shows, and showcases and still enjoy the coffeehouse scene.
Sean Fournier released his first album in 2005 entitled, Put The World On Stop. A year later, he released his second CD, Paper Tiger. In 2008, Fournier released the single What I Must Do and later came out with Oh My. Sean Fournier wrote, recorded, mixed, and produced all of these releases.
Currently, Fournier continues to promote his music online through numerous websites (Official Website, Official Blog, Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter to name a few). He also plays live shows at Universities and Colleges throughout the Northeast United States.
Tours & ConcertsSean Fournier's Official Myspace page.
- FrostWire, Sean Fournier, Lead the Way - p2pnet.net
- FrostWire P2P Client Starts Artist Promotion - torrentfreak.com
- Up and Coming Artist Reaches Out - South Connecticut State University
- Milford Man Promoting His Latest Music Compilation - Milford Mirror
- Unsigned Musician Sean Fournier Draws Over 25,000 Downloads in One Weekend - Press Release
- One of TAXI's Top Artists
- Sean Fournier's New Album is Spreading Like the Plague - Press Release
- Designs and updates his official website, shop, and blog.
- Designs his own album art.
- Writes, records, mixes, and produces his own music.
- Official Website
- FREE ALBUM - Spread it like the plague!
- Official Shop