From WikiMusicGuide, the free music guide. Your music wiki.
Pop rock singer/songwriter/pianist Rachael Yamagata was born on September 23, 1977 in Arlington, Virginia. Her mother was German-Italian while her father was Japanese. When she was just two years old her parents filed for a divorce but Yamagata still had a colorful childhood. During college, she learned how to play the piano and started writing songs. Undecided for her career in life, Yamagata enrolled in French class and switched to become an Italian theater major. She became friends with Bumpus (a funk band). Yamagata has seen shows of the band and decided to be one of the members. She wrote and recorded three albums with them and even went on tour. In 2001, Yamagata decided to go solo. She landed a contract with Artista’s Private Music. In 2004, she released her debut album, Happenstance.
Tours & Concerts
Feb & Apr 2008
- Wellesley College Wellesley, Massachusett
- Pabst Theatre - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Fine Line - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- House of Blues - Chicago, Illinois
- Bellarmine College - Louisville, Kentucky
- Opera House - Toronto
- Paradise - Boston, Massachusetts
- Irving Plaza - New York, New York
- TLA - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Club - Washington DC, Washington DC
- Neighborhood Theatre - Charlotte, North Carolina
- Variety - Atlanta, Georgia
June, 08, 2004
March, 29, 2005
|2006||Yamagata Appetizer||BMG||Rachael Yamagata EP|
- Her father a lawyer is of Japanese decent and her mother painter is of German-Italian descent. -Mimi 09:35, 26 February 2008 (PST)
- She appeared in Jason Mraz's album with the song called Did You Get My Message?.
- Rachael Yamagata’s vocals are limited. Her materials more or less sounds similar. Although she is quite talented she still has a lot to learn in the music industry.