Alien Ant Farm
From WikiMusicGuide, the free music guide. Your music wiki.
Alien Ant Farm is a four-man alternative rock group formed in 1996. The band is most popular for their hit remake of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal.
Formed in the city of Riverside in California, Alien Ant Farm is an alternative rock group that got together in 1996. The original lineup consisted of Dryden Mitchell, Mike Cosgrove, Terry Corso, and Tye Zamora.
Since then, the band has been working hard in order to come up with a decent debut album which they hoped a record company would pick up. In 1999, they released an independent album named Greatest Hits. A year later, they signed a deal with DreamWorks SKG, not solely because of their songs but because of their close friendship with Papa Roach.
The band started touring in 2001 with their hit remake of the Michael Jackson song, Smooth Criminal, which reached the top spot in Australia and New Zealand, and number 3 in the UK. But in 2002, while touring in Spain, the band got involved in an accident which fractured Mitchell's vertebra.
More bad news hit the band as Terry Corso (replaced by joe Hill) left in 2003, and Geffen initially refused to release their third recording (which fans dubbed as 3rd Draft) in 2005. In 2006, Tye Tye Zamora left the band to pursue a college degree (replaced by Alex Barreto), and Geffen allowed them to release the album under the band's new label, Universal Music Enterprises. Recently, the band performed in G4's Attack of the Show, and released their definitive DVD named BUSted.
- Dryden Mitchell (vocals)
- Joe Hill (guitars)
- Alex Barreto (bass)
- Mike Cosgrove (drums)
|2001||Smooth Criminal||US Modern Rock Tracks||1||ANThology|
|2001||Smooth Criminal||US Mainstream Rock||18||ANThology|
|2001||Smooth Criminal||US Hot 100||23||ANThology|
|2002||Movies||US Mainstream Rock||18||ANThology|
|2002||Movies||US Modern Rock Tracks||38||ANThology|
|2003||These Days||US Modern Rock Tracks||29||truANT|
|2003||These Days||US Mainstream Rock||38||truANT|
Tours & Concerts
- Alien Ant Farm recently performed in www.TomGreenLive.com. Links to the audio set of the performance can be found on the band's website.
- the band has links to their video rehearsal videos on their website.
- the band has an official online store on www.merchdirect.net.
- Mike Cosgrove recently gave an interview on rockislife.com.
Alien Ant Farm has recorded a total of four albums under different labels (including an independent release) since they formed in 1996.
Label: DreamWorks SKG
Label: DreamWorks SKG
Label: Universal Music Group
- Alien Ant Farm has a close relationship with Papa Roach as the members are friends.
- Papa Roach helped Alien Ant Farm land a deal with Dreamworks.
- the band suffered from a bus wreck, wherein the driver of the bus died, and Mitchell was almost paralyzed.
- Mitchell and Cosgrove dropped out from high school together.
- rare copies of the band's first album could be found on eBay, selling for a $150 before the band decided to re-release it.
- songs from Up In The Attic can also be found in an unofficial third album dubbed 3rd Draft which was never commercially released.